Until the end of October, you can put your subtitling skills to the test for a chance to receive Viki merchandise, or even a signed photo of Kim Soo Hyun (from “My Love From the Star”) or Lee Min Ho (from “Heirs”)!
Every day between October 24 and October 31, a gift will be given to the person who writes the most subtitles for that day. Better yet, you can win on multiple days!
In celebration of our new movies from Spuul, we’re making this sub-a-thon specific to Bollywood! This means that you must subtitle on Bollywood titles in order to be eligible to receive a gift. Read “Viki Introduces: Bollywood Titles!” for some quick recommendations or search this list and pick which ones you want to help subtitle.
- Once a day, submit the number of subtitles you wrote that day in this form. Remember that you can subtitle in any language, but it needs to be for Bollywood titles.
- Submissions are required by 11:59 p.m. PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) each day.
- To figure out what time that is where you live, use this website.
- Check your PMs on Viki as we’ll contact the top subtitlers there.
Gifts for Subtitling
One lucky person will get to choose between a signed photo of Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Min Ho. The other daily winners will receive surprise Viki gifts, such as pens, stickers and more. We’ll be giving away something different each day!
Remember, you can win on multiple days so submit your subtitling numbers every day!
New to Subtitling? Get Started!
- Check out this Viki U Intro to Subtitling tutorial to learn how to use the Subtitle Editor.
- Navigate to a video and get started. You can practice on an English-language news video. Don’t speak another language? Don’t worry – you can caption them in English!
- Ready to subtitle a full-length movie or TV series episode? Check out the “Projects Seeking Volunteers” section to search for videos that need subtitles. Again, subtitles can be in any language to be eligible for the gifts!
- Where can you find your subtitle count? You can see how many subtitles you’ve written on your profile. Check the total number of subtitles you started the day with and calculate the difference at the end of the day.
Note: Popular movies or on-air TV shows are managed by volunteer Channel Teams, and only team members are allowed to subtitle those videos. If you want to join a team, just contact the Channel Manager!
Read our Subtitling FAQs to learn everything you need to know about subtitling. If you need assistance, please visit the Viki Help Center.
Good luck and happy subtitling!