Who is your ideal man? Is he tall? Handsome? Smart? Rich?
To give hope to all the women out there who are still searching for their ideal man, we thought we would provide some guidance and inspiration.
Over the next several weeks, we will feature “5 Types of Ideal Men” as seen in our favorite dramas. In our first list of ideal men we love, we feature teen boys that we simply can’t resist! Even if you’re no longer a teenager, live vicariously through these popular dramas and imagine how these irresistible boy toys would have made your angst-filled teen years a little more dreamy!
We’re sure you’ll be able to find your type in this list of the different types of ideal teen boys from our favorite dramas!
The Smart/Class President Type
Who can resist big brains, especially when the brain comes packaged with a handsome face and a beautiful body? Some of our favorite smart boys include:
- Baek Seung Jo (played by Kim Hyun Joong), the tall, good-looking, most-popular guy in school who also gets perfect scores on all his exams in “Playful Kiss”
- Lee Sun Joon (played by Park Yoochun), a brainiac with the highest of ethics and morals in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”
- Jeon Seon Woo (played by Kang Ha Neul), the class president who also can serenade any girl with his velvety voice and musical talents in “Monstar”
The Wild and Confident Type
Admit it. We don’t always want to go out with the goody two-shoe boys. We sometimes fantasize about the boys who have a bad streak in him. Here are some of our favorite wild boys:
- Goo Joon Pyo (played by ultra-hot Lee Min Ho), the cocky leader of the F4, a group of the four richest, best-looking, but also trouble-making boys at an elite high school in “Boys Over Flowers”
- Yoon Seol Chan (played by Yong Jun Hyung), a hot-tempered idol star who is forced to go back to a regular high school to repair his bad-boy image in “Monstar”
The Sweet and Innocent Type
Innocence and naiveté can have their allure, especially in our favorite ideal teen boys. Here is our favorite sweet and innocent type:
- Song Sam Dong (played by Kim Soo Hyun), the sweet-tempered boy who aspires to enter the entertainment industry in “Dream High”
The Devoted, Attentive and Protective Type
You can’t help but fall in love with a boy who will do anything for you. If that makes us narcissistic, then so be it! Here are our favorite teen boys who are the devoted type:
- Park Soo Ha (played by Lee Jong Suk), who as a boy pledges to protect the older Jang Hye Sung and then grows up to keep his promise in “I Hear Your Voice”
- Zhou Zhen (played by George Hu), the tough gangster’s son who will do anything to safeguard the woman he loves in “Love around”
The Sporty and Active Type
We all love boys with rippling muscles and tremendous athleticism. The sporty boys who make us swoon include:
- Kang Tae Joon (played by Choi Min Ho of SHINee), the elite high-jump athlete who suddenly must face the reality of suffering a career-ending injury in “To the Beautiful You”
- Shen Ruo He (played by Mike He), the unstoppable leader of the champion basketball team at East Sun College in “Bull Fighting”
Which type of teen boy toy is your favorite?